Today I took T in to the dentist to get his broken front tooth permanently fixed. I can hear him cracking jokes to the dentist. We have the Bill Cosby CD about going to the dentist. So Trev is quoting it verbatim and had them laughing so hard in the back I was wondering if I needed to go back there. It was awesome.
T had a hard week last week. On Monday, he was picked to be the goalie in PE and was so excited about it. Another boy in his class decided that he wanted to be the goalie, so he pushed T out of the way. T blew up and lit in to the kid. Long story short, he ended up going to ASP (alternate school program) for 2 days. He LOVED it. Nobody picked on him, called him names, nothing. He did his assigned work and then got to read Calvin and Hobbs for the rest of the day. Nirvana for him! He came back to our school Thursday. Friday I got called to the office again and guess what... T had been suspended for 2 days! BUT this time a different student started picking on him and T tried to walk away three times before hitting back. Hard to give advice on that one. I pretty much told him to never ever throw that first punch. How's that for parenting advice.... I'm thinking of shipping him off to Panguitch.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I love reading your blog. You've got a touch with writing.
I was always getting in fights when I was little too. It is hard to keep taking it and walking away. Sometimes you have to step up and say you're not going to be bullied anymore!
Hey Steph, how did T do for those two days? Any news on your labs yet? Let me know.
My dad always told me, "Hit them back twice as hard as they hit you and they'll never hit ya again!" Go T!! I hope he's doing ok physically and emotionally. I was picked on too . . . not so fun.
I'm so nervous to send my kids to school. Kids can be so mean!
Randy has definitely taught my kids how to defend themselves. He's taken a few punches in the face from them to make sure they can hit hard enough. It worries me a little but at the same time, I don't want someone messing with my kids. The good thing is that so far they seem to understand they don't get to go punching people whenever they want. We'll see what happens when someone teases them at school though.
Post a Comment