I've been very nervous about T taking the AIMS test this year. His writing has improved so much and I wanted him to show it in his scores. Today was the test. After school I asked him how he did. His answer just stunned me. After the second sentence I grabbed my pen and started writing down his response.
"I had to write about a gift. I wanted it to be something special so I picked my body. I said that we wouldn't be on the Earth if we didn't have it. We wouldn't meet each other earthly. We couldn't be tested. We would maybe be picked at random on whether we get sent to outer darkness or to the Celestial Kingdom. I wrote four whole paragraphs, Mom!"
WOW! Did you ever write anything like that in 5th grade?! I don't care what score he gets. I couldn't be more proud.


10 comments:
Wow, That is VERY profound!!! Yep, you should be proud of that kiddo!
:)
Way to go T! You've got some pretty amazing kids over there. Glad that you wrote it down.
Awesome answer Trev!!!!!!!!
And all those times you thought stuff wasn't sinking in...they go and surprise the heck out of you....
Thanks for always commenting on my blog! Congrats on raising such a wise kid. It sounds like FHE and especially Primary (JK!) are working on that good spirit.
What a sweet boy and a truly PROFOUND answer! You are such a good mommy and he is lucky to have such rightous parents who love him so dearly!!
That is so awesome!! Isn't it amazing to realize our kids "get it?" I went to Brinley's PT conference in October and got to read a paper she wrote about her favorite gift she ever received. She wrote about the gift of the Holy Ghost she got after she was baptized!! What a special story :)
That's great! You've got to feel good as a mom to know you've taught your kids something so important.
That is such a fabulous experience! What a great payback day for mom!
Very deep T! Nice job Frazier mommy and daddy...he's remembering all the good stuff you teach him! Best part of all, HE was the one that chose to write about this subject. :)
Post a Comment