
This is a lady who lives what she teaches. I was so impressed with her ability to teach, with love and respect, even when things got stressful. She is a beautiful example of virtue.
Here are the things I learned.
1. Even though times are tough, we need to be HOPEFUL!
2. Life provides opportunities and experiences....it's up to us how we react.
3. When you feel the Spirit, you should ACT.
4. Have you ever forgotten to brush your teeth? Did you quit? Don't give up on the important things...keep trying!
5. God gave us free agency BUT we must be prepared to accept the consequences of our actions. Freedom to choose does not provide personal freedom from the consequences of our performance. He can not rescue us from painful results of our choices.
6. I want to be a virtuous woman.
7. People are more important than programs. We need to try to reach out to the one...
8. When we have the Saviour in our hearts, there is no room for Satan, he HAS to leave.
9. The Temple should be our focus.
10. Anything virtuous, lovely, of good report, or praiseworthy, we PROVIDE these things.
NOW I'm not saying this is all what Sister Cook taught, just the thoughts that I jotted down while listening to her teach. I am so thankful for this experience.


2 comments:
thanks for sharing. I needed a little spiritual boost today; and a reminder of what we should be doing!
Thanks for sharing those words of wisdom.
Post a Comment