Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Moon Festival



I took my hampsters...I mean, my kids... to the Moon Festival at the Chinese Cultural Center. We had a wonderful time. We were lucky and got there early enough to see a group that did an "Avatar-The Last Airbender" performance. Their dragon even looked a little bit like Appa.



If you don't recognize Ang, well then you need to watch the entire cartoon series. I HIGHLY recommend it. We LOVED it and can't wait for the movie to come out in July 2010.



We also enjoyed the catfish tank inside the grocery store. I discovered coconut flavored sesame seeds, which I loved. J...not so much!



The gift shop, where the kids got swords.



You can tell T was a little bored by the time we left.



Speaking of J...he met us there after passing his swim test. He is now "officially" taking sailing lessons. You might remember we tried this about 2 years ago, but they cancelled the class before it started. He had his first class last Saturday and was the only one who capsized his boat. You can plan on me stalking Tempe Town Lake during one of his classes to get some pictures.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Sailing! How cool is that! I can't wait for pics! (especially of capsized sailboats :0 )

Jay and Rochelle said...

The Chinese Culture is a fun area. Madie got bored when we went during there New Year. Fun pictures!