Thursday, November 5, 2009

Best Day EVER

I got a call today and found out that I was the WINNER of the 2009 Western Eye Photography Contest. I started jumping up and down, crying, laughing, shaking all at once. I just wanted to get picked to have my photo hung in the gallery. This is so much cooler! The judge was Mark Klett who is a well known photographer. There is a special opening reception on Monday, Nov 9th at 6:00 at the Eric Fischl Gallery at Phoenix College if anyone wants to go....


AND I got to meet Ree Drummond aka The Pioneer Woman aka PW tonight in Tempe.



How many people do the bunny ears thing to someone they totally admire? I think I was a bit loopey, and it was past my bed time! Isn't she beautiful after doing 4 1/2 straight hours of book signing...

Cheryl and I left at 5:30, ate a nice dinner at the Wildflower Bakery while we waited. We were in the letter M group....which made it to the table to get our books signed about 11:30. TONS of people there, but we had a super fun time looking through almost every photography book in the store.


Tonight was a good good night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so very excited for you. I'm sure this is just the beginning. Stephanie, you are such an inspiration, the way you jump into life. Congratulations. KM

Rochelle said...

CONGRATS! That's so stinking cool!

Mark and Karen said...

That is way awesome!

Mommas Soapbox said...

Congratulations! That is so great! And I love the bunny ears. I may have done the same thing if I was there.... My name is Stephanie also..... maybe it's the name. lol

Cheryl said...

That was a good night, and looking at all those photo books, I found out how much you like wood