
This is my mother-in-law, Joyce. She is just plain classy! She raised J from the time he was 15 and has always treated him like he was her son. From the moment I met her, I was her daughter...

She passed away about 3 years ago after a valiant battle with cancer. I still miss her so much. When we had to move in with them after J's lost his job, I was so worried about how things would be. I was packing up our apartment and totally stressing out about moving in with my in-laws. The doorbell rang and there was the most beautiful arrangement of flowers from Joyce, just to me! I KNEW right then that it would be just fine. AND it was. We were there for 8 months and it was wonderful!

We had no idea that she would pass away 2 years later, but I am so thankful and grateful that we had those precious 8 months with her so that my kids could really get to know their grandma. Who knew that being laid of with no job options would be such a blessing...

Sometimes it takes something tragic to make you take an honest assessment of what is really important to you.

Uncle Herb was such a neat guy. He had this red vintage Mustang, coolest car you've ever seen. The steering was not automatic. One time when they were visiting us in Provo, he let me drive it. It was a little difficult to turn that steering wheel, but still the coolest car I've ever driven! Yes, that is J with him. Look at that hair!!!

He and my Aunt Joanie had a motor home and they visited every single state. He loved to travel. That's T that Uncle Herb is holding!

He loved his family. (Especially those grandkids!) He was a vet. He was a good man. He passed away after battling cancer almost 7 years ago. I miss him too.
*Sorry Lisa, stole your picture. Thanks!!!


3 comments:
What a great post! I'm so glad you MIL was good to you during a tough time. (and all the time for that matter)
Hey love your posts. The pic nite looked really fun. We have been gone sooo much and soon to be gone for 18 months. Hope I can stay in touch while in Washington. Who knows what we will be doing......
we are looking forward to the know time in our life. Love you.
Hey Steph, you have the best pictures. I loved reading your post. It made me think of my grandpa who passed away about 7 years ago, he was a WWII vet. He was a great guy.
I also love your comments you leave. We will have to talk, because I didn't realize you went through the same thing. I miss you guys too. We are going to try to go back to our house sometime. Justin has to go back to work next week,so he will be going home, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go so far away from Duncan yet. I'm afraid to go to church because if we get sick we can't go see him.
We'll talk soon.
Post a Comment